Monday, December 15, 2008

Chapter 4 - "Purpose, Presence, Position"




(ok - I just realized I said "um" a whole lot in that video! :)

This week, we looked at three elements in Esther and Mordecai's lives:

1. They each had a Purpose

Just like God had a specific purpose for Esther and Mordecai, He has a unique plan and purpose for each of us as well.

2. They had Presence

I personally struggle with the part of the story of Esther where God allowed her to be forced to have pre-marital sex with an evil king. I don't understand why God would allow this, but I do understand that God is sovereign and used the place that Esther was in to bring about His will. "We know that in ALL THINGS God works together for good, to them who love God, and to them who are the called according to His purpose." (Rom. 8:28)

3. God gave them Position

God placed Esther and Mordecai in the exact positions He needed them to be in to fulfill His purpose in and through them. God will do the same for us also. In this chapter, Shelley wrote, "God puts each of us in the right place at the right time when we choose to walk with Him."

Questions to answer in the comments section below...

1. Knowing the truth that God has given you everything you need to accomplish His purpose for you today, does this change your outlook of your future? If so, how?

2. What is the main thing that God has taught you in chapter 4?

(click on the word, "Comments" below and leave your answers.)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Jenifer for leaving the post for this week. You are a blessing to me and to so many others!

Knowing that God has given me everything I need today to do what He has called me to do today is a sobering reality for me. Even though He has shown me this over and over, it still comes back to the fact that I have to receive this as true so that I can live out of that truth in my daily life. (Make sense?) I often look at what seems to be lacking (finances, resources, help, know-how, etc.). God is showing me again and again that He has made MUCH available to me, and that it's up to me to be intentional with what He has already placed in my lap (so to speak)...to take advantage of what He has made available to me.

When I look at Esther's story, I am reminded again and again that God has made me exactly as He wanted me to be and exactly who I need to be to accomplish my purpose in my generation and in the culture in which I live. I may never have the influence of an Esther or someone we see in our own generation as being highly influential, but I DO have a destiny to fulfill and the resources to do just that.

Merry Christmas from Atlanta to all of you out there. May this one be especially Merry and Bright as we seek the Savior whose birth we celebrate.

Much Love,
Shelley

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays Everyone!!

1. Knowing this gives me incredible strength when I thought I didn't even have the strength to get through another day. Sunday my hubby and I had a life changing experience, honestly I just wanted to give up, move away and start all over again. By Tuesday, I was full of strength and purpose, I knew I was equipped to handle this, I have never felt stronger or more powerful or more peaceful.

2.God has a plan for all of us and I know without any doubt this is mine and God is in every detail of it. I used to feel sorry for myself in certain circumstances. Now I know it's Gods plan for me and I am anxious to see what is next.

More than anything else, I know God led me to this study. I could not and would not have handled this past week with compassion for my husband. He is more than ever before seeing God in me, I know it's God through me because my flesh wanted to run! I keep saying God sees the end before the beginning. I am right here, right now, for a specific reason and purpose.....has it been that simple all along? Thank you Shelley, my new friend, your book and study have changed me to the core.